Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Chili Oil!!!

My first box of produce came with a bunch of fresh cayenne peppers. They were so hot, I was scared to use them. I had a previous post: Hanging Peppers, where I decided that Chili Oil might do them justice. This posting comes a little late since I bottled it before Christmas. They made the perfect little Christmas gifts with a little red ribbon tied around it.




Ingredients:
2 C dried chilis
4 C Vegetable Oil




Break dried chilis into large pieces and put in a pan with the oil.


Heat the pan slowly over a medium-low heat until small bubbles start to rise up from the bottom of the pot.

Turn off the heat and let oil come to room temperature. Pour the oil and chilis in a glass container (not plastic) and cover. Store in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.

If you want to put them into little bottles, be sure to sterilize the bottles before putting the oil in.

No comments: