Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Granola Apples

Aaah - Spring cleaning! I haven't cleaned like this since.....I moved into my place three years ago! I set aside things for donation (i.e. an old high school winter ball gown and graduation gown....umm...yeah - those needed to go - I was saving them in case any halloween costume ideas came up), and threw away a bunch of stuff that I would be embarassed for anyone else to have. All that work got me hungry during mid-afternoon and I needed a pick me up. While I was cleaning, I concocted up this yummy in my head. One of my favorite snacks is apples and peanut butter - so why not throw in another a favorite? I had recently picked up my favorite granola - blueberry flaxseed - and it was waiting to be munched on. Oh yum! I felt like a little kid putting it all together. It was fun, easy - and delicious too!


Ingredients
1 apple - preferably sweet and crisp - cored and cut into eighths
2-3 Tbs peanut butter - depending on how big the apple is
1/4 C Granola (any kind will do)

Spread peanut butter on one cut side of each apple slice. Press the peanut butter side down into the granola - repeat w/ all eight slices.

No comments: