Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

....and so it begins

First of all: I'm SO excited to get my first box of yummy local organic produce from Farm Fresh To You. This....is the premise from which this blog will grow from and hopefully, become my long term love affair.

In the midst of a quarter-life crisis, I've decided to do something for myself. This blog is it. I love food. Everything about it takes over every single one of my senses. It's gorgeous to look at in all forms (except for maybe on the way out), and the smells, tastes, and textures vary infinitely. There's always something new to try, and if I like it, I can have it over and over and over again. Food, for me, is survival, it's an indulgence and a passion. What better way to go through a quarter-life crisis than to dive into something I'm familiar with, but yet, know SO incredibly little about in the grander scheme of things. There's much to discover, so much to succeed at, and as awesome of a cook as I think I am...so much to fail at and learn from.

Local, organic produce that I may or may not purchase on a regular basis- delivered right to my door! It will be like my own personal Iron Chef competition - against myself - "What's the secret ingredient this week?"....BEETS? SQUASH? Why...it's whatever's in season, my dear. And each time that same ingredient comes to my door, I will make something different with it - and perhaps even more delicious and amazing than the dish from the week prior.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

1 comment:

choobers22 said...

hey, ur a good writer =)